Black cumin oil is used to treat and ease different skin conditions (acne rash, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, warts, tinea, herpes). It is popular as a beauty product for face and body skin care. It regulates skin fat production, contracts pores, improves skin state, makes it softer, more elastic. The oil helps normalize water-lipid balance, stop skin flaking, smoothen small wrinkles, scars and stretch marks. This is ensured by the following properties:
- Black cumin oil possesses anti-inflammatory, bactericidal, fungicidal and anti-viral properties. These properties benefit in many cases for treatment of various diseases. Researches from Bangladesh studied anti-inflammatory and bactericidal properties of black cumin oil and assessed them in comparison to 5 most effective modern antibiotics. The latter appeared less effective that the bactericidal effect of the vegetable extract.
- Black cumin oil has an anti-allergic effect. Some skin conditions have the autoimmune origin. This is the case when black cumin comes in handy. Peter Schleicher, German physician, conducted a substantial clinical experiment involving 600 volunteers. He proved a positive effect of the vegetable extract on various forms of allergy. Application of black cumin oil in therapies of allergies led to recovery of 70% of patients.
- Black cumin oil has antioxidant effects. This prevents formation of free radicals and protects the body from their impact. That is why, aging slows down in the entire body including skin.
- Black cumin oil stimulates regeneration processes and formation of collagen. It means it helps wounds close up and skin be more elastic.
- Black cumin oil improves blood and lymph flow. It nurtures and clears skin.
How to apply black cumin oil to treat skin conditions and improve its look and state:
- Eat black cumin oil in a regular way (1 teaspoon in the morning and 1 teaspoon in the evening for adults, half a teaspoon in the morning for children over 6).
- Apply black cumin oil outside:
- To treat skin conditions apply it to the sore areas twice a day (in some cases you may get worse with your psoriasis; if so, stop the application). To improve skin state and look, massage your trouble-making areas (smile lines, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks) with pure black cumin oil; massage them with black cumin oil combined with another healthy oil (sesame seeds, grape seed, avocado, olive).